Monday, July 09, 2007

Ashoka the Great

Right in the heart of so cal is this street called "Little India"

Where are we going today?



They play Indian music in the restaurant~~~the lunch is worth it because it's buffet style (I recalled it being about $7 per person).
I went one time for the dinner~~~not so worth it~~~didn't know what to order and ended up spending almost twice as much!

We went there last Sunday and filled our tummy with some goodies!
It's buffet style~~~so my tummy was quite satisfied~~~unlike right now *it's growling like crazy* especially when posting pictures >.<"


Plate#1
Plate #2

They have about 8 or so different curries to choose from and among them I like the lamb curry and spinach curry the best!
You should get the cucumber yogurt like I did with the curries~~~it adds flavor to it and also makes it less spicy. I like it cuz it goes GREAT with the Nan.

Plate #3

~~~what better way to finish up the meal than their rice pudding! I like how it has nuts inside it~I'm kinda picky with the raisins tho. But I highly recommend you save some tiny bit of room for this dessert. (They have other kinds of desserts too, but in my personal opinion, this rice pudding is my favorite.)

This is one of my favorite places to go when I've starved myself for several hearty meals...this food really brightens my day, makes me and my tummy happy ^^


Rating: 7

Ashoka the Great Cuisine of India
18614 S. Pioneer Blvd.
Artesia, CA 90701

(562) 809-4229

No comments: