Saturday, June 30, 2007

What's in the name?

So let me clarify -How did you come up with the name for your blog?
I could have chosen a lot of many wonderful names such as:

http://ieatoffthefloor.blogspot.com <-too self demeaning...
http://iheartfood.blogspot.com <-was already taken >.< (I'll check out that site sometime)...
http://iatetoomuch.blogspot.com <-is not a very good feeling...
http://ieatlikeaman.blogspot.com <-gives others a bad mental picture of me...
I can go on and on (I had about 40 different names rolling through my mind last night)
But in the end I chose~~~http://foodsick.blogspot.com

What made me think of this name was very simple~
You often find individuals or yourself suddenly homesick or lovesick...because they have been going through some tough times away from home for a little too long without contact or support or they have this yearning for love that makes them do silly silly things in the name of love. So I thought to myself, "Why not be foodsick?". . .
Until, my dear co-worker pointed out to me today that my blog name sounded like I got sick from food.
So then it suddenly occurred to me that there are also words like seasick, airsick, carsick, motion sick...etc. and that would make foodsick = food poisoning (total opposite of what my blogspot will be about)

I intend to travel a lot in my life so~~~(in a month I'll be in Seoul, Korea studying abroad for a year)
I thought to myself:
"When a person goes to another place, culture, environment... for a period of time, once you leave you'll start to miss things about that ~~~like their {foodname}. There will always be that one craving you'll have "on a hot summer day" or "a cool lazy afternoon" that will lead to a {foodname}. Then you'll pin-point exactly where (restaurant, person, country, business trip, vaction...etc) that has the best {foodname}~~~BUT~~~
~!!~you are unable to get it! Now you are "foodsick" and will attempt to resort to a substitute or go to some local place that has {foodname} or try to make {foodname} yourself. However, it's never quite the same~that initial satisfaction that you got when you first ate {foodname} at {placename} compared to {substitute} does not 100% appease your senses."
Hopefully most of you are also "foodsick" just like me. So now that we've established the definition for what "foodsick" mean~~~Let's share our "foodsick" moments with each other ^_^"

Quote of the day: "Nothing would be more tiresome than eating and drinking if God had not made them a pleasure as well as a necessity." -Voltaire

No comments: