Saturday, June 30, 2007

Homemade Japanese Soba

The hot weather in California is killing me and I keep hearing news of rain and flood from the folks back in Texas. I miss the rainy days...there's so much scorching sun in California that I got a new mole on my face **so huge** >.<




So the best way to cure the heat is some nice cold noodle~~we had Japanese style Soba made by my friend. So refreshing!

Soba noodles~~~with shredded seaweed sprinkled on top.




Side dishes--



Here is some condiments that go in the sauce *tsuyu* {cucumber, green onion, daikon (radish)} you just put however much you want in ~~I like mine with "enough" wasabi and lots of radish but no wasabi this time...

Some othersmall dishes that was made to accompany our meal~~




Cabbage kimchi, stir fried "tiny potato" (look like tiny eggs but it's potatoes), gobo kimchi, tofu salad, some tofu-skin-wrapped-glass-noodle-fish-cake-thing, red chili sauce (고추장) with sesame sprinkled on top.... (do you kind of see some Korean style mixed in here?? my friend is a Korean-Chinese ^_^ or is it Chinese-Korean)

Now it's time for a magic trick~~~now you see it...




Now you don't~~~

2 comments:

The Cake Doctor said...

man that looks super good!!! I want some now!!...to bad Davis doesn't have all those fancy things...sigh

The Cake Doctor said...

oh yea i like your pictures they look purdy...well also cuz the way everything was set up was purdy to begin with...but having a good camera makes all the difference...i like your new profile picture too hahaha